Join the Pack! A community with nearly 8,000 faculty and staff, and 30,000 students. NC State is one of the largest employers in North Carolina, offering a large range of career opportunities. Visit us at https://jobs.hr.ncsu.edu/.
Department: 162701 – School of Social Work
Location: Raleigh, NC
Essential Job Duties:
- The Academic Advising Coordinator for the Undergraduate Social Work Program provides academic and professional advising to incoming and transfer students, as well as advises registered students in selecting appropriate courses to ensure successful progress towards degree completion; meets with new and potential students and their parents as needed throughout the year.
- Provide up-to-date, printed course and curriculum information for advisors and students; reassigns advisors for student as needed or requested; and assists undergraduate student with securing accurate and appropriate information about the Social Work major and support faculty advisors with academic advising.
- Assesses the effectiveness of all advising activities; collaborates with the Director of Undergraduate Programs in new student orientation; and assists with graduation preparation and ceremony.
- Some evening and weekends will be required.
Require post-baccalaureate credentials or a bachelor’s degree plus alternative or equivalent professional training and experience may be substituted for the advanced degree on an exceptional basis.
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft or PeopleAdmin software.
- Demonstrated understanding of and experience working with, non-traditional students and diverse populations.
- Ability to engage in proactive style advising and/or interviewing/assessments.
- Public speaking and written communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Applicants should have one year of professional or academic advising experience in university setting or two years’ experience as a graduate assistant or academic advising role.
- Student orientation experience; Working with college students.
- Experience working in professional or academic advising and/or interviewing assessment capacity.
- Master’s degree in social work or related field preferred.
Required license or certification:
Position Number: 00102588
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or email@example.com. Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.