The Academic Advising/Internship Coordinator for the Craig School of Business (CSB) advises undeclared business majors including athletes and ROTC students; serves as the CSB liaison for registration day or similar function; coordinates the CSB internship program; assists with student recruitment, retention and placement programs.
- Advises undeclared business majors; including athletes, and ROTC students
- Develops schedules for incoming freshman in support of registration days
- Provides advisor training for the Craig School of Business faculty
- Directors and administers the Craig School of Business internship program
- May teach GBA110 (Introduction to Business)
- Maintains professional contacts and an awareness of practices and standards in the advising field
- Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of advising theory and best practices in academic advisement.
- Challenges of entering freshman and transfer students and effective retention strategies.
- Teaching techniques and strategies.
- Effective advising techniques with special populations.
- Ability to research and write reports.
- Strong organizational skills (maintaining accurate files), and (verbal and written) communication skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with campus constituents.
- Computer application skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Education, or related field;
- Academic advising experience; OR
- Equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties
- Master’s degree in Business, Education, or related field
- College level teaching experience
- Sedentary Work:
- Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
- May require an occasional night or weekend work
Hours of Work
8:00 am – 4:30 pm
Posting Number: S497P
Priority Deadline: 08/12/2022
Open Until Filled: Yes