The Academic Advisor reports to the Program Manager II in the School of Education and works with a
team of Program Managers and advisors. The Advisor is the primary point of contact between current and prospective students and the School.
The School employs a developmental academic advising philosophy which includes the communication of accurate information regarding degree
programs, courses, policies and procedures. The Academic Advisor will work closely with Program Managers to provide academic advising
services to part-time/full-time students enrolled in undergraduate, graduate and doctoral programs delivered online and on campus. The
position requires an individual who can handle sensitive and confidential information.
- Advise current and prospective students on general academic matters, such as program requirements, transferability of credits, course
prerequisites, course registration etc.
- Advise students on University- and program-specific policies and procedures.
- Update and maintain student records.
- Work closely with department staff to on-board new students.
- Advise and coach
students to help them reach their academic goals and complete their academic program.
- Assist in clearing students for
- Develop and maintain appropriate schedules and reports.
- Assist and participate in School of Education Open
Houses and Information Sessions.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of
2 years of experience.
- Exceptional customer service aptitude and attention to detail.
- Excellent oral and written
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and other common personal computer applications.
- At least two years of experience in post-secondary student advising.
- Knowledge of Banner and Hyperion.
- University City, Philadelphia PA
- This position is classified as Exempt with a salary grade of
I. For more information regarding Drexel’s Professional Staff salary structure, https://drexel.edu/hr/career/ducomp/salstructure/
Special Instructions to the
- Please make sure you upload your CV/resume and cover letter when submitting your application.
Review of applicants will begin once a suitable candidate pool is identified.