Organization: Architecture Dean’s
Job Location: Oklahoma-Norman-Norman Campus
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday 8:00-5:00
Salary Range: Target salary: $40,000, based on
Benefits Provided: Yes
Required Attachments: Resume, Cover Letter
The Gibbs College of Architecture seeks an Academic Advisor
responsible for advising students who are pursuing degrees within the college as well as students outside the GCA who are pursuing one of
the offered undergraduate minors including course suggestion, loading permissions, and assisting other advisors as enrollment increases.
- Academic advising during the Fall and Spring semesters
- Clear students for degree
completion using the degree audit system
- Meet with current GCA students who have a GPA below 2.5 to dicuss improvement
- Contact assigned students who are not properly enrolled for the upcoming semester
- Completion of VA, ROTC, and
Financial Aid Forms
- Respond to student emails
- Assist transfer and readmitted students with the transfer/readmission
- Complete the Academic Advising Training Program
- Engage as a member of the Provost’s Advisory Committee on
Academic Advising community
Education: Bachelor’s degree
Equivalency/Substitution: Will accept 48 months academic advising or student
services experience in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree.
- Effective verbal and written communication
- Computer skills, including proficiency in navigating and maintaining databases
- Detail oriented for accuracy of data and
- Highly organized and ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines
- Ability to communicate well and build
rapport quickly with students, faculty and staff
- Ability to read and interpret policy as well as State and Federal
Advertised Physical Requirements:
- Sitting for long periods of time. Frequent talking. Occasionally stands and walks. Ability to engage in repetitive motion.
- Student advisor experience in an academic setting.
- No supervisory Duties
- If you are selected as a final candidate for this
position, you will be subject to The University of Oklahoma Norman Campus Tuberculosis Testing policy. To view the policy, visit https://hr.ou.edu/Policies-Handbooks/TB-Testing.
- The University of Oklahoma is committed to achieving a diverse, equitable, and inclusive university community
by recognizing each person’s unique contributions, background, and perspectives. The University of Oklahoma strives to cultivate a sense of
belonging and emotional support for all, recognizing that fostering an inclusive environment for all is vital in the pursuit of academic and
inclusive excellence in all aspects of our institutional mission.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
- The University of Oklahoma, in compliance with all applicable federal and state laws and regulations, does not discriminate based on
race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, age, religion, disability,
political beliefs, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. This includes, but is not limited to,
admissions, employment, financial aid, housing, services in educational programs or activities, and health care services that the University
operates or provides.
Hiring contingent upon a Background Check?- Yes
Job Posting: Aug 4, 2022