Requisition Number: S1841P
Home Org Name: Edu Admin Office of Student Services
Division Name: College of Education
Job Class Code: AA48
Appointment Status: Full-time
Limited Term: No
The Auburn University College of Education seeks candidates for an Academic advisor position to advise students on course selection, requirements for selected areas of concentration, and post-college plans to help meet their educational needs and realize student scholastic goals.
The College of Education is a top-25 percent U.S. News school of education offering degrees in teacher certification, as well as degree programs that prepare professionals in school administration, counseling, and health professions. Committed to inclusive excellence, we focus on outstanding teaching, consequential research, and meaningful outreach to fulfill our mission of making a better world for all.
About Auburn: At Auburn, our work changes lives. Ranked by U.S. News and World Report as a premier public institution, Auburn University is dedicated to shaping the future of the people of Alabama, the nation, and the world through forward-thinking education, life-enhancing research, scholarship, and selfless service. Auburn is nationally recognized for its commitment to academic excellence, community outreach, positive work environment, student engagement, and thriving community.
Why employees choose Auburn: Auburn University was named by Forbes Magazine as one of the state of Alabama’s best employers, with employees staying an average of ten years. Employees enjoy competitive benefits that include top-notch health insurance, generous retirement plans, tuition assistance for employees and dependents, flexible spending accounts, and more!
Learn more about Auburn’s impact, generous employee benefits, and thriving community by visiting aub.ie/working-at-auburn.
Our Commitment: Auburn University is committed to a diverse and inclusive campus environment. Visit auburn.edu/inclusion to learn more about our commitment to expanding equity and inclusion for all.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provides advisement/counseling for students in matters related to goals, choice of curriculum, course load, study habits, and course scheduling/selecting.
- Assists in registration coordination procedures and schedule adjustments including verification of appropriateness of transient student requests.
- Assists with student orientation, whether freshman or transfer students.
- Serves as a resource for the university’s student database including coordinating input, generating reports, training users, and recommending updates.
- Verifies/reports student and course information which may include (but not limited to) class rolls, grades, academic certification of athletes/veterans, statistical analyses, and/or forced drops.
- Evaluates and/or updates student records in order to post grades, complete graduation checks, monitor students’ progress, and advise students on an appropriate course of study.
- A primary role of this position involves tracking and clearances of students in various educator preparation programs.
Education Level: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
Years of Experience: No experience required
Minimum Skills and Abilities
Knowledge acquired through the course of undergraduate academic endeavors.
Desired qualifications include prior direct experience in academic advising-related educational counseling; experience in student services at the university level; and participation as a student in a higher education field.
Salary Grade: 31
Salary Range: $31,300 – $52,100
Job Category: Academic Advising/Support
City position is located in
State position is located
Auburn University is committed to an inclusive and diverse campus environment. Women, underrepresented groups, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
AUBURN UNIVERSITY IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, sex, religion, color, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by applicable law.