Job ID: 2943629
Department: Career Services
Job Title: Academic Advisor / Career
Location: Mayville State University, Mayville, ND
on Experience and Education
Benefits: Includes single or family health care coverage (premiums paid for by the
university), basic life insurance, EAP, retirement plan, tuition waiver, annual and sick leave. Optional benefits available: supplemental
life, dental, vision, long-term care insurance, flexible spending account, supplemental retirement plans.
apply: Internal/external candidates eligible to work in the United States. Mayville State University does not offer visa
sponsorship at this time.
Position Details: Mayville State University is seeking applicants to join our campus
community as Academic Advisor/Career Services Coordinator. This position reports directly to the Director of Academic Advising and serves in
a dual role of both Academic Advisor (50%) and Career Services Coordinator (50%).
As Academic Advisor, this position will serve as
the academic advisor for a caseload of degree seeking students, provide direct support services for enrolled students, including new student
transition and retention initiatives and serve as a contact for prospective and current students within the Office of Academic Advising as
part of the strategic enrollment management process.
As Career Services Coordinator, this position is responsible for the oversight
for career-related programs and services (including development/promotion/access) including but not limited to, assisting identified
exploring/deciding students and managing the centralized Internship program.
- Ability to effectively, professionally and tactfully interact and communicate with students, faculty, and staff
understanding of the educational role of academic advising in enhancing student learning and development
- Experience working in a
self-directed, fast-paced environment
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience in program development and management
- Minimum of two years’ experience in an educational environment or office
- Master’s degree
- Experience in a career services
office in a college or university setting
- Experience in a higher education setting, with emphasis on academic and student support
- Familiarity with Mayville State University academic programs and/or academic programs within the North Dakota University
- Experience working with career preparation programs
- Experience advising or mentoring students
working with underrepresented, at-risk, or other specific populations
- Experience developing internships and other practicum
experiences with business and industry
- Experience in PeopleSoft, ConnectND, or Starfish
Review of applications will
begin on August 15, 2022, and will continue until filled.
Applicants must submit the following materials to be considered fully:
- A letter of application
- A current resume
- The names of three professional references with each person’s
position, e-mail address, and telephone number
MaSU is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications
from diverse candidates and candidates who support diversity. ND veteran’s preference laws apply to this position. Veterans claiming
preference must submit all proof of eligibility by the closing date. Proof of eligibility includes a DD-214 and if claiming disabled status,
a current letter of disability. The state of North Dakota has an open records law; therefore, your application could be subject to review
upon request. A criminal history background check must be satisfied prior to employment.
ND Relay: http://www.relaynorthdakota.com/
“This search is being conducted
consistent with the State of North Dakota Open Records statutes.”