Requisition Number: ACADE002109-00001
Academic Advisor is responsible for the following:
Providing academic advising to all undergraduate, traditional students with academic and personal issues as they pertain to their enrollment at the University.
Provide support and training for all Faculty Advisors.
Coordinate with Admissions, Athletics and Registrar’s offices on student enrollment issues.
Academic Advisor must have a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field of study and have 3 years of experience in student advising. Supervisory experience preferred.
- 3 years of experience in student advising
- Bachelors or better
- Time Management
- Problem Solving
- Organizational Skills
- Leadership Skills
- Critical Thinking
- Computer Skills
- Communication Skills
- Active Listening
- Thought Provoking: Capable of making others think deeply on a subject
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
- Leader: Inspires teammates to follow them
- Innovative: Consistently introduces new ideas and demonstrates original thinking
- Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
- Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
- Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
- Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
- Flexibility: Inspired to perform well when granted the ability to set your own schedule and goals
- Entrepreneurial Spirit: Inspired to perform well by an ability to drive new ventures within the business
- Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
See job description