Unleash YOUR Potential With Us
As a next-generation public research institute, we are an inclusive community of thinkers, doers, creators, innovators, healers, and leaders striving to shape the future and solve the world’s most challenging problems. No matter what your role is, when you join Knight Nation, you’ll play an integral role in pushing us forward to become among the most impactful universities in the country. You’ll be met with opportunities to connect and collaborate with uniquely talented faculty, staff, and students across 13 colleges and multiple campuses and regional locations. That means greater challenges to tackle, more meaningful opportunities to grow, and rewarding experiences that go beyond a paycheck. We’re seeking qualified, motivated individuals who will help UCF fulfill its mission in unleashing the potential of every individual, enriching the human experience through inclusion, discovery, and innovation; and propelling broad-based prosperity for the many communities we serve.
The Academic Advisor IV will report to the Director, Undergraduate Student Services, College of Community Innovation and Education. This individual is responsible for providing academic support and services for the assigned group of individuals.
- Provides academic guidance for new & returning students on an appointment and/or walk-in basis using the appropriate University catalog as the primary reference point.
- Interprets University & College academic Policies and procedures Individual sessions with students.
- Coordinates and facilitates the FTIC and Transfer student orientations for the Downtown Campus in coordination with university partners
- Assists students with registration, and all academic support activities of the office.
- Coordinates electronic registration for liaison departments.
- Manages the procedures to advise transfer and upper-division students in making the transition into the College and/or University.
- Directs the evaluation of previous college credit for out-of-state students and international students with the appropriate departmental liaison.
- Serve as liaison to the Global UCF program, aiding international students in understanding university policy and completing F-1 Visa-specific paperwork.
- Manages transient students’ record status. Develops procedures to effectively administer the transient policies for the specific CCIE program.
- Works as the liaison to Transfer & Transition Services In responding to student Inquiries.
- Develops outreach processes to assist transfer students in becoming familiar with academic advising for their specific CCIE program.
- Provides training, guidance, and support to new and current academic advisors within the Office of Undergraduate Affairs.
- Coordinates advising updates with all UCF Downtown academic partners
- Assists with the university-wide graduation process, including degree certification each semester
- Assists in the development and revision of learning outcomes, measures, and assessment instruments to gauge advising program effectiveness and student progression.
- Serves as the senior advisor in the absence of the Director at the Downtown Campus.
- Resolves student issues by referral of students to other academic offices/applicable campus resources.
Bachelor’s degree and 4+ years of relevant experience, or a Master’s degree and 2+ years
Advising experience at a Higher Education Institution.
- Possess excellent people skills and is able to effectively communicate with students, faculty, academic units, and university administrative offices.
- Experience at the college or university level in providing academic guidance for new and returning students.
- Knowledge of university and college academic policies including FERPA.
- Experience in the coordination of retention program activities.
- Experience advising in multiple disciplines.
- Experience working in an electronic audit system and Microsoft office.
- Experience with supporting training initiatives
Additional Application Materials Required:
In addition to the online application, the following is also recommended: (1) resume; (2) cover letter; (3) transcripts; (4) at least 3 contact names for current or previous supervisors.
Are Benefits Important to You?
Working at UCF has its perks! In addition to helping drive change and having a positive impact by supporting our students, staff, and faculty, UCF offers:
Benefit packages, including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending, and Employee Assistance Program
Paid time off, including annual and sick leave and paid holidays
Retirement savings options
Employee discounts, including tickets to many Orlando attractions
Flexible work environment
And more…For more benefits information, go to UCF Employee Benefits Guide (12-14-21)
Who Are We?
Founded in 1963 to fuel the region’s talent pipeline and support the growing U.S. space program, UCF is built to make a better future for our students and society. It’s one of the reasons U.S. News & World Report ranks UCF among the nation’s top 20 most innovative colleges, while Forbes, Kiplinger, and The Princeton Review rank us a best-value university. UCF is one of 14 universities nationwide designated as both a Hispanic-Serving Institution and a Research 1 university. With 13 colleges, including a fully accredited College of Medicine, UCF offers more than 220-degree programs between its main campus, downtown campus, hospitality campus, academic health sciences campus, and 11 UCF Connect centers located throughout the region. In addition, UCF extends its reach to communities in and beyond Central Florida by offering complete, online programs leading to bachelor’s degrees, master’s degrees, Ph.D.’s., certificates, and more.
Unless explicitly stated on the job posting, it is UCF’s expectation that an employee of UCF will reside in Florida as of the date the employment begins.
College of Community Innovation and Education (CCIE) Undergraduate Affairs Student Services
Monday – Friday; 8:00AM – 5:00PM
Type of Appointment
$42,367.00 to Negotiable
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
As an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, UCF encourages all qualified applicants to apply, including women, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and members of traditionally underrepresented populations. UCF’s Equal Opportunity Statement can be viewed at http//www.oie.ucf.edu/documents/PresidentsStatement.pdf.
As a Florida public university, UCF makes all application materials and selection procedures available to the public upon request.
The University of Central Florida is proud to be a smoke-free campus and an E-Verify employer.