Department: Student Services
Location: Cottleville, MO, USA
Pay Type: Salary
Employment Type: Full-Time Staff
St. Charles Community
College is located just west of St. Louis, in the heart of growing St. Charles County. At St. Charles Community College, we have a passion
for student success. We serve a growing diverse student population, and we are committed to increasing the diversity of our faculty and
staff who will help prepare our students for a global society. Qualified candidates will have demonstrated success in serving diverse
We are seeking a full-time Academic Advisor(s) who will clarify student educational goals,
explain and recommend appropriate course work and academic pathways based on those goals, identify the programs at the College that meet
goals, build short term and long term academic plans to reach goals; and develop, assist, support and facilitate student success at the
College. The Academic Advisor will instruct and inform students on College navigation, processes and policies.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provides comprehensive academic
advising services to new, transfer, continuing, and future students. Services will be delivered in one to one, online, group, and telephone
settings. This position will have current knowledge of all college programs, transfer information to other colleges, College scholarship
opportunities, and a basic understanding of federal financial aid.
- In the advising setting, clarifies student educational
goals, instructs students on the appropriate pathway to reach those goals, works in collaboration with the student to build a course pathway
plan to complete those goals, and assist with the navigation process to complete those goals which includes all aspects of
- Explains and guides students through the process of understanding placement test results and any resulting
course placements or restrictions. This position must maintain accurate and current knowledge of college programs and be able to convey that
information to students in light of their placement test results.
- This position is actively involved in intentional,
proactive contacts and interventions with students to facilitate student success and completion. Contacts and interventions will be done on
an individual, group, and electronic basis and data on the outcomes of these interactions will be maintained.
participates in the design and implementation of student on boarding and engagement programs for all types of students.
- Assists the Director of Academic Advising with student tracking, data collection, unit planning and assessment, and the analysis and
presentation of data.
- Assists with division wide planning and projects.
- Some evening and weekend hours may be
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in an
appropriate field of study and two (2) years of experience in a direct service environment in higher education or human resources.
- Math, writing, effective communication and computer skills are essential.
- Must be able to operate miscellaneous office
equipment such as IBM compatible personal computer, calculator, printer, telephone and copier.
- Two (2) years of experience in higher education student services and Master’s degree from an accredited
A cover letter is required with your application. Applications without a cover letter will not be
Review of applications for full consideration and candidate selection should be received by no
later than August 10, 2022