The Department of Medical Microbiology and Immunology is a research and academic department located within the School of Medicine on the Davis Campus.
Final Filing Date
$25.77 to $48.95
Number of Positions
Percentage of Time
We offer exceptional employment benefits including medical, dental, and vision plans, generous paid vacations and holidays, excellent retirement savings and investment plans, continuing education, and reduced fee and scholarship programs.
THIS IS NOT AN H1- B OPPORTUNITY
The Department of Medical Microbiology and Immunology is a research academic department located within the School of Medicine on the Davis Campus. Under supervision of the CAO, this position provides daily analytic support for the Department of Medical Microbiology and Immunology’s academic resource activities. This position manages all personnel/payroll and requires extensive analytical skills to keep up with everchanging school, campus, university, federal and state employment policies. The incumbent works in personnel/payroll systems for UCDH and UC Campus, each with unique policy and procedure requirements. (UC Path, Cognos, Ecotime, MIV and Recruit) The incumbent manages all academic personnel actions in the department. Works closely with CAO, Research and Finance Managers for budgeting all FTE salary and benefit expenses in Aggie Budget for all funds. Manages, coordinates and provides updates in MIV. Prepares the annual eligibility list for academic actions. Plans and develops an annual calendar allowing sufficient time to ensure Dean’s Office deadlines are met. Ensures department procedures are in compliance with the annual call requirements from the Office of the Provost. Develops and prepares materials for faculty appointment, appraisal, merit and promotion dossiers for all academic series at the department level. Supports the Faculty Search Committees.
This position is designated as a confidential position
Applicants are encouraged to upload license and certification if required of the position.
- Knowledge and skills in HR practices, laws, and regulations/policies.
- Knowledge and experience to post transactions after analyzing information
Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a member of a team to achieve common objectives.
- Demonstrated experience/ability to use Mathematical skills to perform payroll and general accounting calculations.
- Demonstrated communication skills – writing and verbal. Knowledge of correct spelling, grammar, and excellent proofreading skills to produce documents, memos and letters independently.
- Skill to evaluate information and recommend appropriate solutions. Initiative to locate and utilize campus resources in solving complex personnel and payroll problems.
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and exercise independent judgment. Ability to perform multiple assignments, meet deadlines, and maintain a high level of productivity.
- Experience with various computer applications: word processing, spreadsheets, email, web applications, and databases. Ability to learn new computer applications as needed.
- Critical thinking and applied problem-solving skills to research and analyze complex and/or differing information and/or problems related to all personnel activity in an objective manner.
- Analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills to recognize problems and define issues, and ability to implement solutions.
- B.S. or B.A. or equivalent work experience
- Familiarity with an academic department
Ability to work under pressure, adapt to changing priorities and produce quality and quantity of work. Must be able to adjust hours to accommodate personnel and payroll deadlines
The University of California has implemented a SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) Vaccination Program SARS-CoV-2 Vaccination Policy (ucop.edu) covering all employees. To be compliant with the policy, employees must submit proof of vaccination or a University-approved exception or deferral.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging
At UC Davis, we’re solving life’s most urgent challenges to bring a fuller, healthier, and more resilient world within reach. We grow from every challenge we take on and we don’t just maintain – we improve.
We recognize that creating an inclusive and intellectually vibrant organization means understanding and valuing both our individual differences and our common ground. The most comprehensive solutions come from the most diverse minds and you belong here.
As you consider joining UC Davis, please explore our Principles of Community, our Clinical Strategic Plan and strategic vision for research and education, and our latest efforts to outgrow the expected.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.
Job ID: 40276