Academic Coordinator/Advisor 1
1484-YN – Academic Coordinator/Advisor 1
Academic Coordinator/Advisor 1
WSU PULLMAN CAMPUS
Administrative Professional – OT Eligible
Summary of Duties:
The Academic Coordinator/Advisor 1 is responsible to advise and recruit new and current undergraduate students. The Academic Coordinator/Advisor provides information and advises students, faculty and staff in all matters regarding undergraduate student advising and program advising records. Serve as contact for advising inquiries, student graduation, undergraduate advising policy and procedures. Analyze applications, transfer evaluations and transcripts. Participate in ALIVE! summer Orientation advising. Coordinate campus visits for potential undergraduate students and their families and advise all SBS program minors.
- Bachelor’s degree and two (2) years of full-time academic advising experience at a college or university or related education/experience. A Master’s degree in a related field may substitute for one (1) year of professional work experience. Any combination of relevant education and professional experience may be substituted for the educational requirement on a year-for-year basis.
- Experience with academic advising and related issues.
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office including Access, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word or similar programs.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and positively in a diverse team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize job tasks effectively.
- Demonstrated experience conducting presentations and/or public speaking skills.
- Master’s degree in related field.
- More than 2 years of full-time experience with academic advising. Previous work experience at an institution of higher education.
- Previous experience with graduate student programs. Experience working with diverse faculty, students and staff.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise professional judgment and leadership, including the ability to work independently.
- Knowledge of university computing systems such as STELLENT, Zzusis, and OBIEE etc.
- Understanding of, and ability to apply, WSU policies and procedures as related to student records and degree program requirements.
- Willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends for recruiting. Experience building databases and writing database queries.
COVID-19 Vaccine Information:
In accordance with Washington State Governor’s Proclamation 21.14.3, as a condition of employment, you must be fully vaccinated or have an approved medical/religious accommodation by time of hire. People are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after receiving their last shot in a vaccine series. Full vaccination status or an approved accommodation will be verified prior to your first day of work. Should you not be fully vaccinated or have an approved medical/religious accommodation you will not be able to start employment with WSU. Information regarding vaccine verification and/or requesting a medical/religious accommodation is available at https://hrs.wsu.edu/covid-19/vax-verification/. Please contact HRS at firstname.lastname@example.org or 509-335-4521 if you have questions.
Area/College: College of Arts and Sciences
Department Name: School of Biological Sciences
City, State, Zip: Pullman, WA 99163
Department Link: sbs.wsu.edu/
Monthly Salary: $3,750 | Commensurate with experience and qualifications.
This is a permanent position.
Posting Close Date: Applicants must submit their completed application by August 14, 2022 at 11:59 p.m.
Background Check: This position has been designated by the department to require a background check.
Application Instructions: Applicants must attach the following documents to their online application: 1) resume and 2) cover letter. Application materials should clearly communicate how the applicant meets all required qualifications and additional requirements. Applicants are required to include contact information for professional references within the application.
- Cover letter
WASHINGTON STATE UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EDUCATOR AND EMPLOYER. Members of ethnic minorities, women, special disabled veterans, veterans of the Vietnam-era, recently separated veterans, and other protected veteran, persons of disability and/or persons age 40 and over are encouraged to apply.
WSU employs only U.S. citizens and lawfully authorized non-U.S. citizens. All new employees must show employment eligibility verification as required by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
WSU is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in its services, programs, activities, education and employment for individuals with disabilities. To request disability accommodation in the application process, contact Human Resource Services: 509-335-4521 (v), Washington State TDD Relay Service: Voice Callers: 1-800-833-6384; TDD Callers: 1-800-833-6388, 509-335-1259(f), or email@example.com.
Washington State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Educator and Employer.