Washington, DC, DC, US, 20016
Get to Know American University
At American University we value open and honest inquiry, servant leadership, and the affirmation of the human dignity of all. We envision a thriving AU community where individuals of all identities and experiences are understood, appreciated, and fully included, and where equitable treatment, opportunities, and outcomes prevail.
Our diverse community of students, faculty, and staff represent every state and more than 150 countries. Our internationally recognized faculty are today’s thought leaders in the areas of public policy, law, the arts, communications, international development, and more. Our staff are innovative, service-oriented, and dedicated to moving the university towards achieving its strategic goals. We are committed to an excellent experience for all of our students, faculty and staff and share a passion for creating change through our knowledge and our work.
The position’s primary function is to provide support to students both directly and indirectly. The advisor all phases of enrollment; including matriculation, continuous enrollment, progress toward degree, graduation, and career management.
This area demands a high attention to customer service with the “customer” including students, faculty, staff and third party providers. The advisor works collaboratively with the Kogod leadership team, university leaders and the third party vendor to develop and implement a high quality online MBA and MS Analytics degree program.
- Student Advising and Support: Advise students to insure excellence in academic affairs, including course sequencing, registration, academic program planning, change in status, academic support needs, questions regarding changes, degree audits, questions about finances, and graduation. Ensure thorough and timely responses to all correspondence. Follow through and provide feedback and documentation. Address and resolve problems or concerns raised by faculty, students and staff and other third parties regarding registration, finances, student/accounts billing by reviewing and researching the issue. Follow through and provide feedback and documentation. Maintain a strong working knowledge of all University policies and regulations – focusing on academic regulations as it affects students and faculty, ability to explain how specific regulations affect students and to advise students on options and/or best courses of action.
- Academic Records Maintenance, Administration: Maintain processes for accurate record keeping, including tracking students’ graduation plans, documenting Leaves of Absence, Withdraws and other student status issues. Maintain pertinent student files. Provide advocacy and education to internal/ external constituents, for example, student demographics and alumni reporting to internal/external constituents.
- Liaise with Third-Party Vendor: Collaborate with members of the Post-Enrollment Services team at third party to support student experience.
- Operational and Logistical Support for the Online Partner Facing Programs: Foster efficient and effective operations for the Online Partner Facing Programs. Provide support and coordination for on campus events/activities accessible to students in online program, including but not limited to coordination of A/V, marketing and communications setup.
- Other Duties as Assigned & Additional Projects: Conduct additional projects as assigned by the Director of Partner Facing Online Programs, which include but are not limited to special school-wide events, including, but not limited to, graduate admissions open houses and graduate orientation.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- Full Time.
- Coordinator/Analyst B.
- This is a union-eligible position.
- $50,000.00 – $52,000.00/year.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- The ideal candidate brings demonstrated success in working in a fast-paced, customer service oriented organization with a keen eye towards detail and proactive disposition to problem solving.
- Strong interpersonal and written communication, presentation and problem solving skills.
- Minimum 3 years relevant work experience with increasing responsibility.
- Demonstrated work experience in student services and academic advising.
- Career advising experience, a plus.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Master’s degree in business administration or higher education, preferred.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Hiring offers for this position are contingent on the successful completion of a background check.
- To ensure the health and safety of our community AU requires COVID-19 vaccinations for faculty and staff. Click here to learn more about our health and safety directive.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
AU offers a competitive benefits package including a 200% matching retirement plan, tuition benefits for full-time staff and their families, several leadership development certificates, and has been recognized by the American Heart Association as a fit-friendly worksite. Click here to learn about American University’s unique benefit options.
Current American University Employees
If you are a current employee at American University, please log into AsuccessfulU through the myAU portal. Once in AsuccessfulU, please select the Careers tile which will take you to our internal career page.
For more information or assistance with the American University careers site, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
American University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution that operates in compliance with applicable laws and regulations. The university does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, personal appearance, gender identity and expression, family responsibilities, political affiliation, source of income, veteran status, an individual’s genetic information or any other bases under federal or local laws (collectively “Protected Bases”) in its programs and activities.
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC