Current employees must apply internally via connectU > connectu.olemiss.edu
Definition of Class
determines and ensures equal access to educational opportunities by identifying and providing necessary services and/or reasonable
accommodations for qualified students. The incumbent determines appropriate accommodations and access to programs, coordinates delivery of
needed services and prepares various reports.
Occasional evening and weekend work may be required.
- Ensures students with disabilities have full access to educational and other opportunities on
- Maintains current knowledge of Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act and Americans with Disabilities Act, concepts in
Universal Design for instruction, and the social model of disability to promote full educational access.
- Reviews and interprets
neuropsychological, psychoeducational and psychological evaluations for medical and educational history and recommendations from
- Analyzes psychometric data in evaluations for specific areas and levels of ability impact by evaluating discrepancies in
ability and academic achievement scores.
- Reviews student self-report and determines if the academic accommodation request is
justified based on impact of a disability or skills-based weakness.
- Discusses accommodations with instructors and advises regarding
accommodation related best practices.
- Determines academic accommodations and auxiliary services utilizing knowledge about
disability impact as it related to various educational environments (traditional classroom, hybrid, online, etc.)
- Coordinates and
monitors department efforts and programs, including but not limited to testing, assessment, and student programming, to support students
- Advises students regarding the impact accommodations may have on academic success in specific types of courses,
i.e. relaxed attendance is not a viable accommodation for courses that require heavy classroom participation/discussion component,
- Prepares various reports and analysis denoting progress, adverse trends, and makes appropriate
- Performs related or similar duties as required or assigned.
These essential functions include, but are not limited to, the following. Additional essential functions may
be identified and included by the hiring department.
- Meets with students to determine and facilitate necessary services or reasonable
- Coordinates department programs to support students.
- Prepares various reports and analysis denoting
progress, adverse trends, and makes appropriate recommendations.
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in psychology, social
work, special education or a related field.
One (1) year of experience related to the above described
Substitution Statement: Related experience may be substituted for education, on a basis set forth and approved by the
Department of Human Resources.
To learn more about our pay structure and view
our salary ranges, click here to visit the Compensation page of our Human
Resources website. This link is provided for general pay information. Hourly rate or salary may vary depending on qualifications,
experience, and departmental budget. Note: Unclassified positions (faculty, executives, researchers and coaches) do not have established
The University of Mississippi provides equal opportunity in any
employment practice, education program, or education activity to all qualified persons. The University complies with all applicable laws
regarding equal opportunity and affirmative action and does not unlawfully discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment
based upon race, color, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, citizenship, national origin,
age, disability, veteran status, or genetic information.
Background Check Statement
The University of
Mississippi is committed to providing a safe campus community. UM conducts background investigations for applicants being considered for
employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial (credit) report or driving
Facility: Student Disability Services (10000813)
Administrative/Professional and Clerical