East Central College has an opening for an Early College and Admissions Advisor responsible for building relationships with prospective and current students, schools, and communities, with the goal to improve the image and visibility of the college by promoting transfer and career/technical programs through recruitment and admission of students.
Minimum Qualifications: (A comparable amount of training, education or experience may be substituted for the minimum qualifications.)
Completion of bachelor’s degree, one year related experience; Experience in a secondary or postsecondary educational setting preferred.
Essential Tasks: (Employee must be able to perform the following essential functions to the satisfaction of the employee’s supervisor.)
- Build and maintain collaborative relationships with high school and technical school administrators, counselors, teachers, community members and families to facilitate referral and to respond to needs.
- Share responsibility to process student applications, evaluate transcripts to determine placement testing needs and registration status, assist with online tool account activation, generate related correspondence, conduct outreach, and initiate criminal background and tuberculosis procedures by communicating with the Office of Student Development.
- Execute set up and represent the college at recruitment events to encourage students to consider attending ECC, including but not limited to, college fairs, community events, orientations, open registration, mobile enrollment, and other events as requested.
- Develop presentation materials for targeted groups, as requested.
- Facilitate visits and personal contacts between program faculty and prospective students.
- Update and maintain high school and AEL program directories.
- Support and participate in college committees and professional organizations.
- Engage in local travel through recruitment periods, which will include some evenings and occasional Saturdays.
- Perform assigned responsibilities, duties, and tasks according to established practices, procedures, techniques, and standards in a safe manner with minimal supervision.
View full job description here.
Benefits: ECC offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefit package which includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance with no premium cost to the employee. Retirement benefits, generous paid leave, tuition waiver and tuition reimbursement benefits.
Salary will be commensurate with experience.