If you are a TRS or ORP retiree please contact Employment at firstname.lastname@example.org for clarification on eligibility of this position.
Posting closes on: 8/26/2022 at 6:00pm CST
The date after which applications are not guaranteed review is 8/6/2022.
San Antonio College is a Hispanic-Serving Institution with a population of approximately 20,000 students. 33% are Pell Grant recipients, 9% are veterans, 80% are enrolled part-time, and 60% are female. We serve 62% Latinx, 24% White, 8% Black or African American, 3% Asian, and 3% other (including American Indian or Alaska Native, Native Hawaiian or Pacific Islander) student populations. We seek employees who have a strong desire to contribute to a climate of inclusivity, who have demonstrated experience in supporting and promoting student success with and for diverse populations, and who have the ability to communicate issues and concerns faced by racially minoritized students.
Hours per Week: 40
Hourly or Salaried: Salary
Funding source: Hard Money
Number of opening: 1
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Location: Advising Services
1819 N Main Ave.
San Antonio, Texas, 78212
Job Summary and Description
Performs moderate to complex work providing advising to students from entry to completion. Responsible for implementing the academic advising strategies and achievement of student learning outcomes. May provide services for special populations.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or a combination of relevant
experience, education and training that equates to the required degree.
- Two years of related experience, preferably in a college setting.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree in a related field.
- Four years of related experience.
Required License and Certifications:
- Must possess CAEL level 3 case management training certification or be able to obtain training within 12 months of hire.
- Must be certified in key competencies as defined by Student Success leadership within 12 months of hire.