Opportunities – Campbellsville University
The Coordinator of Introductory
Studies/Early Alert System is the individual primarily responsible for working with under prepared students who are admitted to the
university and for maintaining the university’s early alert system.
- *Introductory Studies
- Responsible for advising all Introductory Studies students during their first year. While class
scheduling is included within this, the emphasis is on advising, not simply class scheduling. This would include working one-on-one and in
group activities with Introductory Studies students to ensure that they are staying on task and that they are connecting to other available
resources to assist them in succeeding at the university.
- Coordinate Introductory Studies course offerings for each semester, which
would include securing faculty, scheduling class times, and completing appropriate paperwork with Academic Affairs, Barnes & Noble
Bookstore, and the Personnel office.
- Serve as the primary resource for faculty of Introductory Studies courses, which would include
following up with any students who are falling behind in coursework and/or have frequent absences.
- Be actively involved in priority
registration days to include advising all Introductory Studies students as well as assisting in the administration of the Accuplacer
- Create and maintain an atmosphere within the Introductory Studies area that is welcoming to students and
establishes itself as being the primary place for Introductory Studies students to come for assistance, questions, and support.
- Serve on Admissions Committee and other committees as assigned.
- Assist the Office of Academic Affairs and Registrar’s Office
with Commencement and other official campus functions.
- Perform other duties as requested by supervisor. Early Alert
with the Office of Institutional Research (IR), Information Technology (IT) Department, Academic Affairs, and the Early Alert Task Force to
meet targeted goals regarding the development, implementation, operation, and maintenance of Campbellsville University’s main campus
and regional center Early Alert system.
- Use predictive analytics to identify just-in-time issues by monitoring student progress
(grades, early alert, SAP, attendance, etc.).
- Collaborate with relevant parties to develop university response protocols of the
Early Alert System especially as it relates to students in crisis.
Master’s degree is required
- Should have at least one-year experience in an Academic related field
demonstrate a desire and compassion for assisting students who are academically under prepared
- Excellent communication skills
are a must