The University of Wyoming invites diverse applicants to consider our employment opportunities. We are also especially interested in candidates who have experience working with diverse populations and/or diverse initiatives.
Cred Analyst/Academic Advisor
Evaluate academic records of University of Wyoming students to validate college course credits; provide academic advising, as directed.
This position has been deemed essential as addressed in the University of Wyoming’s Employee Handbook. Employees in essential positions may be required to work during emergency closures and winter closure based on the nature of their job duties and the reasons for the closure.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Consult with and interpret for departments, students, other institutions and the public, on a variety of matters concerning the University’s degree navigation tool, Degree Works, graduation evaluation procedures and academic programs. Act as liaison between departments and students seeking information regarding academic programs.
- Update and maintain various registration-related forms in Banner and other databases.
- Update and maintain (scribe) curriculum changes in Degree Works after the University catalog is published.
- Maintain accurate records to assure that complete official academic records are on file. This includes, but is not limited to, graduation records, transcript records, and transfer equivalency records.
- Provide customer service to students and parents, as directed.
- Train and assist new employees, including student workers. Provide double checks for accuracy and assist with necessary clean-up reports
- Regularly communicate and collaborate with students, academic department faculty/staff, academic advisors and Academic Affairs as needed.
- Serve as a liaison with the Registrar and meet with University departments, as necessary, to re-evaluate existing processes and, when needed, recommend new processes that maximize overall successful stakeholder(s) outcomes.
- As needed or assigned, serve on campus committees as the representative of the Office of the Registrar.
- May assist with graduation ceremonies, or special award/recognition events; occasional travel.
- Meet with students as needed to discuss graduation pathway and answers questions related to a students file
- Attention to Detail
- Quality Orientation
- Quantity of Work
- Service Orientation
- Stress Tolerance
REMOTE WORK ELIGIBILITY:
This position provides vital support to campus customers and requires the successful candidate be available to work on campus.
Education: Bachelor’s degree at time of application
Experience: 1 year progressively responsible work-related experience
- Experience Evaluating Official Transcripts and Equivalencies
- Experience Working with a Degree Audit and/or Student Information System in a Higher Education Setting, Preferably DegreeWorks
- Experience Building and Maintaining Complex Degree Audit Files
- Experience Reviewing and Managing Contracts and/or Agreements with other Organizations
Complete the online application and upload the following for a complete application: cover letter, resume or C.V. and contact information for four work-related references.
UW is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Educator and Employer. We are committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourage applications from women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation to apply for a position, please call 307-766-2377 or email email@example.com.
The University of Wyoming is located in Laramie, a town of 30,000 in the heart of the Rocky Mountain West. The state of Wyoming continues to invest in its university, helping to make it a leader in academics, research and outreach. The university has state-of-the-art facilities in many areas and the community provides the advantages of a major university.
Located in a high mountain valley near the Colorado border, Laramie offers both outstanding recreational opportunities and close proximity to Colorado’s Front Range, a bustling group of metropolitan cities including Denver, Boulder, and Fort Collins. This beautiful mountain landscape offers outdoor enjoyment in all seasons, with over 300 days of sunshine annually. For more information about the region, please visit http://visitlaramie.org/