August 4, 2022
Responsibilities of Position
- Direct the Center for Academic Excellence.
- Supervise the Assistant Director of the Center for Academic Excellence.
- Manage and grow existing student success initiatives, including the Bulldog Scholars and Bounce Back programs as well as the Liberal Studies completion degree.
- Propose, design, and implement new programs designed to support at-risk populations.
- Lead student success efforts across campus.
- Personally manage Academic Standards operations, including probation/suspension processes and decisions on academic appeals.
- Personally manage Leave of Absence operations.
- Act as “go-to” resource for unique student situations, opaque policy questions, and general student success issues.
- Personally engage in efforts to re-connect with students who have withdrawn and are eligible to return, and engage in re-recruitment of those students to the university.
- Partner with other university personnel to promote existing student support resources and services.
- Work closely with CAE staff, faculty and others to closely monitor performance of students identified as “at-risk.”
- Conduct Student Success workshops for various audiences.
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Master’s degree or higher
- 3+ years’ work experience in higher education
- Demonstrated history of program design and implementation
- Strong ability to work independently
- Intellectual curiosity
- Ability to work collegially and independently
- Excellent written, oral, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- 5+ years’ work experience in higher education
- Master’s degree in Education, Counseling, or a closely-related field
- Experience in academic advising or in student developmental counseling
- Experience working with online or non-traditional learners.
Please submit a cover letter, statement of advising philosophy, CV/resume, academic transcripts (official copies of transcripts required prior to hire) and contact information for three references online at employment.truman.edu or mailed to:
Truman State University
Human Resources MC 101
100 E Normal Ave
Kirksville, MO 63501
Review of applications will begin August 29, 2022 and continue until filled. Questions may be directed to Human Resources at 660-785-4031 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Final candidates will be expected to undergo and successfully pass a background check.
Truman State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to assembling a diverse, broadly trained faculty and staff. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. In compliance with applicable laws and in furtherance of its commitment to fostering an environment that welcomes and embraces diversity, Truman State does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or protected veteran status in its program or activities, including employment, admissions, and educational programs. Inquiries may be directed to the Institutional Compliance Officer, 660-785-4354 and email@example.com.
Truman State is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request. To request this document in an alternate form or to request an accommodation, please contact Human Resources, McClain Hall 101, 100 E. Normal, Kirksville, MO 63501, 660-785-4031 or firstname.lastname@example.org.