Full/Part Time: Full Time
Schedule: 8AM –
Salary: $47,800 – $81,000
Position serves as the Graduate
Student Affairs Officer for the programs within the Multidisciplinary Financial,
Administrative, & Student Cluster Unit (MDU). Under the
general direction of the Faculty Graduate Advisors,
Department Chairs, and the MDU Cluster FAO, carries out curriculum advising; graduate
and outreach; student enrichment and academic development activities; matriculation and graduation
checks; and program reporting and evaluation. Responsible for interpretation and implementation of appropriate
regulations, and procedures. Assist in developing short-term and long-term goals to meet the needs of
the growing number of graduate
students, identify emerging student affairs and programmatic issues, and make
recommendations for positive outcomes. The major functional
areas of responsibility include: 1) Advising and
Administration of Continuing Graduate Students; 2) Admissions; 3) Recruitment and
Outreach; 4) Financial
Support; and 5) Program Development and Management. Must be able to maintain confidentiality and
fairness in administering standards and procedures for the programs. Advises faculty, staff and students regarding
and procedures in all aspects of graduate student affairs. This position reports to the department Financial Administrative Officer,
**As a condition of employment, you will be required to comply with the University of California SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19)
Vaccination Program Policy. All Covered Individuals under the policy must provide proof of Full Vaccination or, if applicable, submit a
request for Exception (based on Medical Exemption, Disability, and/or Religious Objection) or Deferral (based on pregnancy) no later than
the applicable deadline. For new University of California employees, the applicable deadline is eight weeks after their first date of
- Bachelor’s degree in related area
and/or equivalent experience/training. Required
- 2 – 4 years of related
- Experience in using University on-line applications such as on-line student information,
course registration, course maintenance, data query, and teaching evaluation systems. Preferred
supporting a graduate program in a university environment. Preferred
- Demonstrated experience using student records
system for articulation, transcript evaluation, and degree certification. Preferred
- Ability to attend university related business meetings, conferences and events, which may be on and off campus.
- Overtime Required
- Travel Outside of Normal Business Hours
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively, both orally
and in writing, with students, faculty, professional staff, campus administrators, and personnel in various campus departments and maintain
cooperative working relationships. Experience in communicating and working with international students with diverse backgrounds. Experience
with managing multiple deadlines and interruptions in a detail-oriented environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including tact,
diplomacy, adaptability, and skills in recognizing politically sensitive situations, maintains confidentiality of student records and
advisory discussions.Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Experience with student academic program
- Demonstrated experience working with students in an academic environment and/or post-secondary degree-granting
- Writing skill ability to include independently compose letters, memos, reports, and other written communication for a
variety of audiences, using correct spelling, grammar, and composition skills. Ability to work in a team environment and provide leadership.
Skill in independently researching questions and making appropriate contacts for problem solving.
- Advanced skills to effectively use current software applications such as MS PowerPoint, Excel, Word, and
- Ability to multi-task; verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently; organizing and
prioritizing workload and maintaining strict attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task; verbal and written communication
- Multicultural competencies; ability to work with diverse populations.
- Basic knowledge of student immigration and
visa processes pertaining to international students and scholars.
- Ability in problem identification and reasoning.
of advising and counseling techniques.
- Skills in service orientation, organization, active listening, and critical
- Knowledge of applicable federal and state laws such as Federal
Educational Rights and PrivacyAct (FERPA). Knowledge of policies and procedures of the various units supported by the college. Knowledge of
University of California policies and procedures of administrative service units (i.e. Graduate Division, Registrars Office,Academic
Senate). Knowledge of and experience with UC Employment practices, policies, and procedures and their application to graduate students.
- Understanding of University rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of University processes and procedures.
- Knowledge of
University-specific computer application programs and pertinent databases.
Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the
park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration
of issues critical to growing communities’ air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history, and culture. UCR gives every
student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most
ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- UC Riverside
is proud to be ranked No. 12 among all U.S. universities, according to Money Magazine’s 2020 rankings, and among the top 1 percent of
universities worldwide, according to the 2019-20 Center for World University rankings.
- UC Riverside is the top university in the
United States for social mobility. – U.S. News 2020
- UCR is a member of the University Innovation Alliance, the leading national
coalition of public research universities committed to improving student success for low-income, first-generation, and students of
- Among top-tier universities, UC Riverside ranks No. 2 in financial aid. – Business Insider 2019
- Ranked No. 2 in the
world for research, UCR’s Department of Entomology maintains one of the largest collections of insect specimens the nation. – Center for
World University Rankings
- UCR’s distinguished faculty boasts 2 Nobel Laureates, and 13 members of the National Academies of Science
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer with a strong institutional
commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff. All qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability,
protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For information about our generous employee benefits
package, visit: Employee Benefits
Job Description Details