Madisonville Community College is centrally
located along the I-69 corridor in beautiful rural Western Kentucky, with easy access to Evansville, Indiana; Owensboro; Hopkinsville; and
Nashville, Tennessee. The college is seeking an innovative and dedicated professional to serve as full-time success coach for the Health
The successful candidate will provide expedient supplemental
academic support to improve course completion and licensure pass rates.
The success coach will:
- Play an intrusive
hands-on role, coordinating academic interventions and referrals, tracking student progress.
- Direct revision of healthcare curricula
and preadmissions processes.
- Improve retention of new and currently enrolled students in nursing and allied health associate degree
- Restructure pre-admission recruitment and advising to align student aptitudes and interests with their healthcare career
- Provide expedient supplemental academic support to improve course completion and licensure pass rates.
- Create a
social support network that helps students cope with stressful events during the first year of college.
- Attend the annual conference
of the National Academic Advisors Association (NACADA).
- Travel to each of four area secondary technical education providers monthly
to provide exposure to various disciplines within the healthcare sector and conduct advising activities.
- The successful applicant
must possess professionalism and exemplary communication, writing, and presentation
Minimum Qualifications: The successful candidate
must meet the following criteria:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Healthcare experience
- Master’s degree in a related field
- Experience in advising and/or
Application Deadline: July 31, 2022
To Apply:Please visit our website to
make application online:
In addition, please upload a letter of interest, resume, three letters of reference and official
Applicants will be notified if selected for an interview. Search may be extended if additional candidates are
Official Title of
Position: Health Sciences Success Coach
$35,000 annually – 10-month annual contract
This position is a grant funded, employment is contingent upon the continuation of the grant.
Shift Type: 1st
Salary Type: Exempt