well-being, and student support services. This full-time administrative (salary) position is grounded in the tenants of the Appreciative
Advising framework as a means to help facilitate rapport, growth, and learning with students. The SSC will advise prospective, current, and
former students. Each SSC will manage a caseload of advisees, based on the student’s intended degree of study, determined by college
or meta-majors. Each SSC will advise and assist students in the development of an academic and life plan by utilizing a generative-based
approach to help students realize and proactively reach for their dreams and goals. Each SSC advise students in the areas of academics,
career, and leadership. The SSC will work in close collaboration with each student’s faculty advisor, the Director of Academic Support
Services, as well as other student support professionals to ensure a holistic support network for all students. Additionally, each SSC will
engage, develop, and implement various intervention, retention, and persistence initiatives.
- Provides advising services in-person, virtually, by phone, or by email.
- Provides accurate
information related to curriculum, graduation requirements, and university policies and procedures.
- Creates a
semester-by-semester graduation plan and monitors students’ progress.
- Provides information and strategies to utilize
available campus resources and services.
- Maintains confidentiality.
- Assists students in making responsible and
informed decisions regarding academic progress.
- Encourages and guides students as they define and develop realistic goals.
- Discusses the benefits of building a learning community, network, and support system among peers, professors, and mentors.
- Makes appropriate referrals to other University and non-university resources.
- Maintains records and documentation of advising
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Verbal and written communication skills and effective public speaking skills including ability to
communicate with individuals as well as groups.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple demands and changing
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment.
- Ability to work with students in 1:1 or group advising
- Ability to learn and maintain current knowledge of complex program requirements, policies, and procedures.
- Ability to work with diverse student backgrounds.
- Ability to develop and/or deliver programs.
- Knowledge of and
proficiency in a variety of current and emerging technology platforms.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Master’s degree in College Student Personnel, Higher Education, Counseling, or other related
- Experience in academic advising or student services
- Experience with Appreciative Advising
- Open-minded and
a cover letter (detailing their interest and qualifications), current resume, as well as the names and contact information of at least three
(3) references to Ben Forche, Dean of Student Success.
open until filled. Background check and official transcripts required prior to hire. For additional information about Rio, please
Rio Grande/Rio Grande Community College is America’s unique private/public institution of higher education designed to provide learners the
opportunity to attain a high-quality, high-value education. Our personalized, learner-centered environment promotes successful lives,
careers, and responsible citizenship. The campus of the university and community college is nestled in the rolling hills of southeastern
Ohio, and is adjacent to the original Bob Evans Farms and Homestead in Rio Grande.