Current employees must apply internally via connectU > connectu.olemiss.edu
Definition of Class
advises students on guidelines and options for study abroad and recruits students for study abroad programs. The incumbent maintains the
study abroad website, participates in activities for outgoing and incoming study abroad students, and assists in scheduling social
activities for students upon returning from the University’s overseas programs.
Examples of Work
- Stays abreast of all study abroad programs, application materials, and requirements for
- Advises students about appropriateness of study abroad programs to their academic plan and assists them by accessing
materials from the Study Abroad library and the Internet.
- Maintains records in the Study Abroad library and website, completes
purchase orders, files brochures, books, and flyers, and makes sure that the materials are up to date.
- Assists with the management
and maintenance of the study abroad web site.
- Answers questions from participants of the programs via the Internet and provides
information and advice to students as necessary.
- Maintains program information on the study abroad website and assists with the
creation of printed materials.
- Schedules meetings to discuss information about the programs.
- Assists with the the Study
Abroad Fair and other recruitment activities.
- Recruits potential students and faculty by maintaining a table during orientation
sessions and other events.
- Speaks to small groups and/or classes about study abroad opportunities.
- Performs similar or
related duties as assigned or required.
These essential functions include, but
are not limited to, the following. Additional essential functions may be identified and included by the hiring department.
students about study abroad opportunities and completion of necessary forms.
- Assists in the maintenance and organization of the
Study Abroad Library and website.
- Assists in the development of study abroad publicity campaigns and
Bachelor’s Degree from a college or university and
successful participation in a Study Abroad Program.
Six (6) months experience as related to the above-described
Related experience may be substituted for education, on a basis set forth and approved by the
Department of Human Resources.
To learn more about our pay structure and view
our salary ranges, click here to visit the Compensation page of our Human
Resources website. This link is provided for general pay information. Hourly rate or salary may vary depending on qualifications,
experience, and departmental budget. Note: Unclassified positions (faculty, executives, researchers and coaches) do not have established
The University of Mississippi provides equal opportunity in any
employment practice, education program, or education activity to all qualified persons. The University complies with all applicable laws
regarding equal opportunity and affirmative action and does not unlawfully discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment
based upon race, color, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, citizenship, national origin,
age, disability, veteran status, or genetic information.
Background Check Statement
The University of
Mississippi is committed to providing a safe campus community. UM conducts background investigations for applicants being considered for
employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial (credit) report or driving
Facility: Study Abroad (10000997)